This is an Apprenticeship Standard in HR which is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to become a competent member of your companies HR Function.
HR Support – Level 3 Standard
Higher Apprenticeship Standard – HR Support
Individuals newly appointed to an HR role who will be involved in delivering Frontline Support to HR managers and employees; or for existing HR staff who would like to gain a recognised qualification and further improve their knowledge and understanding of HR.
15-24 months depending on existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
£4500 (see funding below)
There is an end point assessment conducted independently by an end point assessment organisation. This consists of
- A Consultative Project, completed in the final 3 months of the apprenticeship which contains a range of evidence demonstrating that the apprentice has met the requirements of most of the Standard.
- A Professional Discussion
Development in the following areas
Knowledge – Business Understanding, HR Legislation and Policy, HR Function and HR Systems & Processes
Skills – Service delivery, Problem solving, Communication and Interpersonal, Teamwork, Process Improvement, Managing HR Information, Personal Development
Behaviours – Honesty & Integrity, Flexibility, Resilience
Attraction, development, engagement and retention of L&D staff.
Development of HR expertise to: – Efficiently and effectively resolve HR issues in line with statutory and company policy, bring best practice to the organisation, provide an excellent level of customer service on varying HR matters and develop an understanding of how the strategic goals of the company relate to the role HR professionals are in.
HR Professionals working at this level are typically either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees.
All Apprenticeships are employer-led and are the responsibility of the employer, with support of training providers.
The employer will normally provide:
- induction training, manage the employee, including performance management reviews
- conduct monthly 1-2-1s and provide support
- provide workplace learning activities, shadowing opportunities, coaching and mentoring
- agree scope and content of a project
- provide ongoing and final feedback
- co-operate with the requirement for 20% of apprentices’ time to be spent ‘off the job’ learning related to the HR Support apprenticeship standard.
CMT will provide:
- initial advice and guidance, clarify roles and responsibilities and agree a timetable
- complete relevant apprentice paperwork
- help identify learning gaps and deliver formal training
- conduct progress reviews and provide learner support
- help agree scope and content of project, register with appropriate bodies and support in preparing the apprentice for the formal End Point Assessment (EPA)
Course dates and locations will be planned by CMT, with workshop schedules starting every 3 months. Please contact us to register your interest, or formally apply to join a local cohort by completing our enrolment form.
For larger employers, this Apprenticeship will be funded through your Digital Apprenticeship Account.
For smaller employers, not subject to the Apprenticeship Levy, the Apprenticeship will be funded 95% by the government and 5% by the employer.
There is no mandatory CIPD qualification, however, one of the following two options is strongly recommended to ensure that the apprentice has a robust technical grounding in HR:
- The apprentice should complete either the CIPD Foundation Certificate in Human Resources Practice (extra £1000) or the CIPD Foundation Diploma (extra £1500) in Human Resources Practice. Successful completion will lead to Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Should the employer not wish the apprentice to complete the full qualification, then we recommend that, as a minimum, the apprentice should complete the Managing Employee Relations and HR in Context units from the Diploma (extra £500).
Option to take part in a 3-day residential event (an additional charge applies for accommodation which cannot be Government funded).
I am really enjoying the workshops as it is a really helpful way of learning. Workshops are also beneficial as you get to meet many others from different industries, and you get to learn how things differ in each workplace which is really interesting. I also enjoy my Catchups with my tutor (Carolyn). We have a great bond and she really does help should I ever have any questions or concerns.
“Workshops have been beneficial in seeing other organisations and how HR is different in each of them e.g. business sector, organisation size. The networking is great, and I hope to keep in touch with my cohort in the future. Also, the residential was great fun, challenging and informative. I feel that the workshops and assignments have required me to research and learn new things. I have been able to implement my findings to my company in different areas and feel more confident in answering queries and helping support employees and management. I hope that by the end of my apprenticeship, I am knowledgeable and confident enough to continuously improve HR within my company.”
“I bumped into Matt Field, who had just had a review with Neil – He was absolutely buzzing about it and felt it went really well, just wanted to share the joy!”
“Following completion of my Level 3 Apprenticeship and CIPD I am really happy to become qualified in HR and could not thanks Crosby Management Training enough for their support. I look forward to continuing to do my Level 5.”