This is an Apprenticeship Standard in Management which is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to become a competent Team Leader or Supervisor in any organisation.
A Team Leader or Supervisor is a first line management role, with operational and project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
- What’s included in the CMT Apprenticeship programme*?
- Initial enrolment meeting and learning guidance
• Onto our Digital Learning Platform which houses an interactive online management training programme
• With the Institute of Leadership & Management – giving each apprentice access to subject specific learning materials that align with the core modules and requirements of the standard
- Assignment of a Lead Coach – a highly qualified and experienced trainer who provides information, advice and guidance, individual support throughout the programme, sets & helps capture of Off-the-Job learning and prepare the apprentice for success at End Point Assessment(EPA)
- 3-way progress reviews (Apprentice, Line Manager, Trainer) – circa every 8-12 weeks either at apprentice’s location or online
- Access to the Wellbeing and Essential Skills pathway – providing support, guidance and learning on topics including mental health, work-life balance, resilience, mindset, physical health and fitness, career guidance and financial management
- Residential opportunity – 3 days in Snowdonia (with a focus on developing the required behaviours stated in the Apprenticeship Standard) as well as an opportunity for theoretical input
- End Point Assessment – guidance and preparation
(in the event of further support and training in preparation for a potential re-sit or re-take, an additional cost to be agreed will be
required outside of Levy funding)
- Guidance on Professional accreditation – On completion, apprentices can register as full members with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and/or the Institute of Leadership and Management, and those with 3 years’ management experience can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI
*subject to amendment