The Standard states that whilst studying the apprenticeship, an Administrator will be eligible for immediate professional body recognition at Student Affiliate level of the Global Payroll Association (GPA). Also, professional body recognition as a student member at the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP). Successful completion of the apprenticeship will provide eligibility to apply for Individual Affiliate membership of the GPA and Associate membership of the CIPP.
Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3
Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3
Individuals who typically, have responsibility for setting up and operating the payroll within the organisation in which they are employed or on behalf of another organisation. The role may be located within a business / organisation or in a payroll bureau, bookkeeping or accounting practice, or professional services company. The job may sit within the HR or Finance function.
18-24 months depending on existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
The funding band for this apprenticeship is £9000.00.
There is no exam however their is an End Point Assessment at the end of the Apprenticeship.
End Point Assessment – conducted independently by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
- Multiple Choice Questions, completed under exam conditions with an invigilator, lasting 2 hours
- Role Simulation, completed under exam conditions with an invigilator, lasting 3 hours with the possibility of 3 breaks up to an hour long
- A Professional Discussion
- Knowledge – Business and Customer Awareness, Payroll Core, Pensions and Technical Expertise, Regulation & Compliance and Systems & Processes
- Skills – Planning and Prioritisation, Analysis, Uses Systems and Processes, Produces Quality and Accurate Information, Team Working & Collaboration and Communication and Engagement.
- Behaviours – Ethics & Integrity, Adaptability, Professional Scepticism, Proactivity & Enthusiasm and Professional Development
Attraction, development, engagement and retention of Payroll staff.
Development of Payroll expertise in duties which typically include:
- Gathering, creation and processing of payroll-related information to ensure employees are paid on time and accurately. This will be via payroll software, though its use must be accompanied by the ability to perform this manually
- Compliance with legislative and contractual obligations
- Internal and external reporting of payroll information to deadlines
- Effective and appropriate communication with employees and relevant stakeholders
- Working to relevant ethical and professional standards in a legislative and regulatory environment that is constantly changing.
- Payroll Technician
- Payroll Officer
- Payroll Team Leader
All Apprenticeships are employer-led and are the responsibility of the employer, with support of training providers. The employer will normally provide induction training; manage the employee, including performance management reviews; conduct monthly 1-2-1s; provide support; provide shadowing opportunities, coaching, and mentoring; provide ongoing and final feedback; ensure the necessary support is given to the apprentice to achieve their mandatory 20% off the job learning by Gateway.
Provide initial advice and guidance, clarify roles and responsibilities, agree timetable, complete apprentice paperwork, identify learning gaps, deliver training, monitor progress, provide learner support, provide feedback, work with the employer to deliver 20% off the job learning prior to Gateway, register with appropriate bodies, prepare for End Point Assessment (EPA) and claim final certificate.
Course dates and locations will be planned by CMT which will be driven by demand. Please contact us to register your interest, or formally apply to join a cohort by completing our expression of interest form.
For larger employers, this Apprenticeship will be funded through your Digital Apprenticeship Account. For smaller employers, not subject to the Apprenticeship Levy, the Apprenticeship will be funded 95% by the government and 5% by the employer. The funding band is £9,000.
A small additional charge will be made for the elements of the residential, which cannot be Government funded.
How is the programme delivered:
- 3/4 x instructor led webinar sessions at approx. 8 week intervals at the start of the programme
- 1 day masterclass workshop confirmation for readiness for gateway will be assessed in this workshop
- Bespoke e.learning programme – payroll technical knowledge bespoke learning, along with an assessment tool to ascertain areas for development and regular evaluation. Delivering an approx. 40 week programme of payroll technical expertise fully supported by payroll professionals.
- Access to our learning pathway giving employers a real time view to apprentice progress
- 3-way progress reviews (learner, line manager, trainer & assessor) every 8-12 weeks either at learner’s location or via SKYPE/Facetime
- Residential opportunity – 3 days in Snowdonia, with a focus on developing the required skills and behaviours in the Standard (primarily teamwork and collaboration, communication and engagement and all behaviours including adaptability, proactivity and enthusiasm, professional development ) as well as an opportunity for theoretical input
- Access to our Wellbeing and Essential Skills pathway providing support, guidance and learning around topics such as mental health, work life balance, resilience, mindset, physical health and fitness, career guidance and financial management
- End Point Assessment – Guidance and Preparation (in the event of further support and training in preparation for a potential re-sit or re-take, an additional cost to be agreed will be required outside of Levy funding)