This is an Apprenticeship Standard in HR which is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to become a competent HR partner/consultant/generalist in any organisation.
HR Consultant/Partner Standard – Level 5
Higher Apprenticeship Standard – HR Consultant/Partner
Individuals in this role will use their HR expertise to provide and lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges, together with tailored advice to the business in a number of HR areas.
18-24 months depending on existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
£7000 (see funding)
There is an end point assessment conducted independently by an end point assessment organisation. This consists of
- A Consultative Project, completed in the final 3 months of the apprenticeship which contains a range of evidence demonstrating that the apprentice has met the requirements of most of the Standard.
- A Professional Discussion
Development in the following areas:-
Knowledge – HR technical expertise, business understanding, HR function, MI and technology
Skills – HR consultancy, providing support and advice, contributing to business change, building HR capability, HR information analysis, personal development, relationship management
Behaviours – Flexibility, resilience
Options – HR Specialisms (one or more of following options) – Core HR, resourcing, total reward, organisation development.
Attraction, development, engagement and retention of senior HR professional.
Development of HR expertise to:
- provide and lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges,
- provide tailored advice, influence managers,
- bring best practice into the organisation – at all times linking to the context and priorities of the business
HR Professionals working at this level are typically either called an HR Consultant or an HR Business Partner dependent on organisations.
All apprenticeships are employer-led and are the responsibility of the employer, with support of the training provider.
The employer will normally provide:
- induction training, manage the employee, including performance management reviews
- conduct monthly 1-2-1s and provide support
- provide workplace learning activities, shadowing opportunities, coaching and mentoring
- agree scope and content of a HR project
- provide ongoing and final feedback
- co-operate with the requirement for 20% of apprentices’ time to be spent ‘off the job’ learning related to the HR Consultant/Partner Standard
CMT will provide:
- initial advice and guidance, clarify roles and responsibilities and agree a timetable
- complete relevant apprentice paperwork
- help identify learning gaps and deliver formal training
- conduct progress reviews and provide learner support
- help agree scope and content of project, register with appropriate bodies and support in preparing the apprentice for the formal End Point Assessment (EPA)
Course dates and locations will be planned by CMT, with workshop schedules starting every 3 months. Please contact us to register your interest, or formally apply to join a local cohort by completing our enrolment form.
For larger employers, this Apprenticeship will be funded through your Digital Apprenticeship Account.
For smaller employers, not subject to the Apprenticeship Levy, the Apprenticeship will be funded 95% by the government and 5% by the employer.
Upgrade to full CIPD diploma £1000.00
Option to take part in a 3-day residential event (an additional charge applies for accommodation which cannot be Government funded).
“I have learnt so much about HR and it has opened my eyes to the other areas that I can work in in the future or other projects that I can get involved in. The practical sessions and progress review meetings are the most valuable and helpful to me in terms of my development and learning, though I did really enjoy the residential from a networking perspective.”
“Just to say thanks again for coming in yesterday and for the very enjoyable workshop – it was really interesting. For what it’s worth I thought Carolyn was absolutely delightful and a pleasure to work with; she will make a brilliant addition to your team I am sure!”
“I bumped into Matt Field, who had just had a review with Neil – He was absolutely buzzing about it and felt it went really well, just wanted to share the joy!”
“What great news, Stefan has benefitted extremely well from this course. He provides some great feedback and his support in debating is second to none. To complete first in the cohort just shows his commitment to the program, I’m a proud line manager!
Thank you for your help and time in making this a success.”